Friday, 2 November 2007

New factsheet: Making a complaint about judicial misconduct

A new factsheet for when parents/grandparents feel they have been treated unfairly in court.
Part I Appeals
Part II Complaints about a District, Circuit or High Court Judge
Part III The Role of the Judicial Appointments & Conduct Ombudsman

It can be confusing to know what to do if you feel that you have been treated unfairly or discourteously in court. The first question that must be asked is whether or not you are unhappy with the judgment (the order made by the Judge at the end of your case), the Judge’s behaviour, or some aspect of proceedings relating to how your case was managed. The answer and this new factsheet will help you to decide what appropriate course of action to take.